1. In large bowl combine everything from the list above. Mix with your clean hands.
2. Spray large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
3. Make meatballs slightly smaller than a golf ball. Should give you roughly about 20 (give or take depending on your golf ball lol). Place on cooking sheet and back at 425 for 30 mins. Turn meatballs and cook another 15 mins. Important: your just want a nice golden crust on each side of the meatball. So adjust your cooking accordingly as times will vary based on the size of your meatballs.
4. Set aside when done.
1. Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 mins
2. Add garlic and cook 1 min
3. Add broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, salt (optional) and meatballs.
4. Simmer for 15 mins
5. Add tortellini and simmer just until barley al dente
6. Stir in spinach leaves and heavy cream
7. Cook until tortellini is done to you
8. Serve immediately. If you cook too long, the tortellini will get “mushy”
9. Taste for seasoning and add more of whatever you are lacking!
1 lb Ground Turkey (93% lean)
¼ cup seasoned breadcrumbs (I use Italian)
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
¼ parsley, finely chopped
1 large egg
¼ cup onion, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ tsp (optional)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 14.5 can of chicken broth
2 14.5 cans of diced tomatoes (basil, garlic, and oregano)
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 teaspoon basil and oregano
½ teaspoon salt (optional)
1 (9 oz) package refrigerated tortellini
1 huge handful of baby spinach (after you make this the first time, you will know how to adjust your handful)
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 parmesan cheese rind
Italian seasoning to garnish