1. Cook the sketti. While the sketti is cooking do your chopping and zesting and set aside.
2. Salt and pepper the chicken and dredge in flour
3. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook the chicken in this. Brown both sides. Time varies on heat. Always pay attention when you cook 😊. Set aside and keep warm. **I like to put these on a cookie sheet and place them in my oven at “warm”.
4. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in skillet (do not clean the skillet from the chicken or use a new one). Add garlic, shallots and cook (stir) until someone comes around and tells you “it smells amazing in here” – about 2-3 mins.
5. Stir in Chicken broth, wine, lemon juice. Stir a little. Cook until slightly reduced. 5+ mins.
6. Gradually whisk in heavy cream until slightly thickened (3-4 mins) season with salt and pepper and stir in capers. Add some pasta (**this is optional, but I like a small bed of noodles in the pan), and add chicken and cut second lemon to half-moon chunks and place throughout the pan. Look at the video and pics and you can get an idea.
7. Serve immediately and garnish with parsley. Ideally, fresh noodles (not from the pan but from the strainer) in the bowl/plate, piece of chicken (you can cut this in strips if you want but its messy), then ladle the sauce over).
I love “Sauce”. Nothing worse than dry food. So I double the sauce part of this. Yes, double everything including the herbs. It takes a little more maintenance to reduce it to the right point but its worth it. Also, the more noodles you add to the pan while its cooking, the more the noodles will soak up the sauce. The good: the noodles inherit a great flavor. The bad: less sauce to “spoon over” the dish.