1. Cook pasta al dente. Reserve ¾ cup of pasta water. Set Pasta aside when done.
2. While pasta is cooking finely chop sun dried tomatoes. Mince garlic. Halve grape tomatoes lengthwise – place in a small bowl and mix with olive oil, salt and pepper (to taste). Pick basil leaves and rough chop (set aside).
3. In large skillet. Heat 1 tbsp button and drizzle olive oil in pan over medium high heat. Add sun dried tomatoes and garlic. Cook and stir occasionally until your mouth starts to water from the smell. Lol. About 2 mins. Season with salt and pepper. Add can of stock. Cook until slightly reduced 2-3 mins. Reduce heat to low and whisk cream cheese until fully incorporated.
4. Stir in grape tomatoes into sauce. Cook 1-2 mins. Stir in spaghetti, 2 tbsp butter and half the parmesan. Toss to combine. If needed stir in half the pasta water. Sauce should coat spaghetti and be slightly creamy (see notes). Stir in half the basil and season again with salt and pepper. Turn off heat.
5. Serve immediately. Garnish with basil and parmesan (if desired).
You will need to play with this one a little. Some like a creamier sauce, some like a thicker sauce, some like a thinner sauce. You have the tools – adjust to what you and your family like. Mangiamo!
1 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic
8 oz grape tomatoes
1 oz basil
1 lb spaghetti
1 15 oz can veggie broth or chicken broth
6 tbsp cream cheese
½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp butter